NutriSystem: The Diet Program for You?
NutriSystem is an online portion-controlled diet meal plan. The chief concept behind NutriSystem is the portion-controlled eating. The diet incorporates already-prepared food allotments which are delivered straight to your door. These meals are designed to be augmented with fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy foods. Depending on the extent you want to lose, you can decide on a 1,000, 1,200 or 1,500 calories-per-day meal plan. You will then be sent one breakfast meal, one lunch and one dinner as well as your additional food supplementation of fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
NutriSystem is a 28 day program that consists of an integral mode to weight loss which starts by giving you all the right foods to eat, in the proper quantity, so you don't have to prepare meals or count calories or points. A big selling point is that you don't need to go to a diet center. My clients enjoy the food and enthuse about the advances they made with managing their meal sizes after signing up for the program. They still are able to order their most loved food products and supplement their diet with them.
Will NutriSystem Work For You?
If you want a thorough diet system in which you don't need to deal with the hassle of cooking, shopping, keeping track of points/calories, or figuring out indecipherable meal programs - then NutriSystem is diet program for you.
NutriSystem is designed with a busy person in mind. Someone who doesn't have the free time to go to diet counseling meetings, count points and ration foods. NutriSystem's program rely's on on the theory of fueling your body several times a day with small portions. NutriSystem is less prohibitive than plans such as South Beach Diet and that's why clients tend to remain with the system while relishing in the satisfaction of meals delivered straight to their door instead of sweating over a hot stove.
NutriSystem is going to be a good diet program for you if you:
- Don't have time for lots of specialty shopping and cooking. Don't want to attend weekly meetings.
- Are single and don't like to cook just for one person.
- Aren't looking for a carbohydrate restrictive diet.
- Are looking to manage your portions.
- Do not want a diet with calorie counting.
Benefits of NutriSystem:
NutriSystem's chief edge over other diet plans is its value. You select your meals and they are delivered straight to your home. I've listed some more benefits of the NutriSystem Program.
- No signup fee, only cost of food
- No fine print or authorizations
- Plans for Men, Women, Vegetarians, and Diabetics.
- Free work out program and food planner.
- Sustainable weight loss of approximately two lbs. on a weekly basis.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert) are provided and delivered to you (free of shipping on four week food orders).
- On-line support is offered with membership in the program (including one-on-one counseling sessions).
- A weight loss counselor will contact you once you've joined.
- Portion controlled - low fat, controlled carbs, and protein. For the majority of females calorie amounts will be twelve hundred daily.
- They honor a 30 day money back promise.
- NutriSystem Advanced, a new plan for 2008 comes with two weeks of complimentary food.
Drawbacks of NutriSystem:
Like any diet program, none are perfect. You should choose your program based on the type of person you are and which system you think will fit your schedule and motivation. The NutriSystem program may not fit you if:
Don't like prepared foods.
Don't want to have to buy fruits, veggies and other items in addition to the meals
Don't like tiny portions
Have a family to prepare foods for.
Need a sodium-restrictive or carbohydrate-restrictive diet.
Seek the support that comes with going to weekly meetings.
How To Start The Ball Rolling NutriSystem:
Join and custom-order your food from Nutrisystem.com where you will opt for each meal and snack you want. If you go with a four-week program, you'll receive free shipping for that order. If you join with the "Auto Ship" program (which come's at no cost), you will receive ten percent discount every four-week program for your first three months, and then fifteen percent discount on all future orders beginning with your 4th month if you choose to stick with the "Auto-Ship" program.
Signing up at Nutrisystem.com is free and you'll receive regular contact from the trained counselor to which you're paired with. He or she will answer any questions you have and will provide regular support and encouragement.